Pillars: A Campaign for Esperanza
We are making a significant investment in Kensington – one that will firmly establish our presence in the community long-term. The goals of the Pillars campaign are to involve 1,000 participants in giving $3 million to build 4 pillars of hope.
Donate Online Now
Pillar 1—A Medical, Dental and Behavioral Health Center and Café: We will renovate the former Kensington Trust Company building to become our new medical, dental and behavioral health center location in Kensington, with a new second location for our Esperanza Café, offering healthy food options.
Pillar 2—A Community Health & Wellness Center: On the site of a former factory that burned to the ground 10 years ago, we will build a new community health and wellness center to create a shared space for community programs and activities.
Pillar 3—Community Health & Wellness Programs: At this new health & wellness center, programs and activities being considered include a fitness center and exercise classes, nutrition and cooking programs, and day care.
Pillar 4—The Ebenezer Fund: Gifts to The Ebenezer Fund will help our patients who cannot pay for special tests or services, or who are in crisis and need immediate help.
Your gift provides hope!
Since our founding in 1989, the faithfulness of our many supporters has sustained Esperanza Health Center in fulfilling our mission. A gift of any size makes a real difference for our patients and for a healthier North Philadelphia community. You can contribute to one or more of the following funds at Esperanza:
- General Fund: Your gift provides medical and dental care for our uninsured patients and many integrated services for our patients as well as community residents, including: nutrition education, spiritual care from our Chaplains, social services support, and others.
- Reach Out and Read Fund: Your gift provides age-appropriate books for children from newborns through five years of age to promote early literacy.
- Pastor William Reyes Fund: Your gift supports the unmet medical and diaconal needs of our uninsured and under-insured patients with Hepatitis C disease.
You can make a gift to Esperanza in one of the following ways:
- Online: You can make either a one-time gift or arrange to give monthly to Esperanza through your checking account, savings account or via credit card. Click below to access our secure online donation page.
- Monthly Gifts by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT): You can also set up monthly gifts via EFT from your checking account. Click here to download our EFT Authorization form, and send the completed/signed form by mail with your first contribution check to:
Esperanza Health Center
4417 N. 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140-2319
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Many companies and organizations will match their employees’ charitable contributions up to 100% — contact your HR department to find out more.
- Donate Stock: Shares of appreciated stock can be donated to Esperanza without either party paying capital gains on those shares. In addition, you will be able to write off the full current value of these shares, and Esperanza does not pay capital gains tax when we sell the appreciated share. If you wish to donate appreciated stock, please contact Ted Voboril, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (215) 807-8614.
- United Way: Esperanza’s United Way Donor Choice number of the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey is 9791.
Esperanza Health Center is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) corporation, and all financial contributions are tax-deductible. If you have any additional questions about how you can support Esperanza Health Center, please contact Ted Voboril, Development Director at email@example.com or (215) 807-8614.